Monday, December 04, 2006

Could it happen again?

I blogged about a USC Song Girl caught cheering for the wrong team.



Was it an abberation? Could it happen again? Folks, I was right there in person to witness this, which was caught on national TV. The clip is only 44 seconds long.



My voice is still hoarse.

I reluctantly accepted an invitation from a friend to the game between UCLA and USC at the Rose Bowl. If you follow college football, you should know that USC was the prohibitive favorite going into the game, and its bitter cross-town rival UCLA was the last team to stand in the way of the Trojans' trip to the BCS Championship game in Glendale Arizona.

USC was supposed to steamroll over UCLA on the way to the second consecutive Championship appearance, but my Bruins refused to roll over and they fought valiently to bring down the Goliath of college football.

UCLA: 13 - SUC: 9


Couldn't ask for a better weekend.

11 Comments:

At December 04, 2006 7:02 AM, Blogger Bruce said...

Yes, it was sweet, wasn't it? I thought I saw you in the stands.

B~

 
At December 04, 2006 10:26 AM, Blogger Oricon Ailin said...

LOL! Maybe she was just practicing her cheers. Who knows. hehehe

I like how everyone is looking at her though. hehhehehe

*giggles uncontrollably*

 
At December 04, 2006 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! It was a great game and there was a lot of cheering in my office this morning. I saw you in the stands too. Who was that you were with???

 
At December 04, 2006 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA! I bet she got kicked off the team shortly therafter. That's pretty funny.

 
At December 04, 2006 5:16 PM, Blogger The Resident Writer said...

That's funny, and kinda' sad since it was on national TV and all, but mostly it's just funny.

 
At December 04, 2006 7:46 PM, Blogger Mike Y said...

That is just too funny! LOL! I'd hate to be her.

 
At December 04, 2006 8:37 PM, Blogger SUPER said...

I don't think a high IQ is part of the requirement for the job...

but I bet she's got a great herkie, pike, and toe touch!

Gooooooo TEAM!

 
At December 05, 2006 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, David,

John Hubers here. I'm a huge Michigan fan having lived in Ann Arbor for five years. I was shouting up a storm myself. Thanks to UCLA for pulling that off. Unfortunately Michigan got screwed over by the coaches who decided for reasons of their own to allow the fourth ranked team to play in the number two spot. Go figure.

So now I expect you to be cheering on Michigan in the Rose Bowl :)

John Hubers

 
At December 07, 2006 1:36 AM, Blogger Brian J. Buriff said...

Give me a B
Give me a L
Give me a O
Give me a N
Give me a D
What's that spell?

 
At December 07, 2006 6:44 PM, Blogger Friar Tuck said...

Perhaps a USC education is not worth the high cost of tuition after all

 
At December 07, 2006 7:13 PM, Blogger David Cho said...

barbara, a lot of cheering in the office? That is cool. Went with a buddy of mine. He has a PHd in Linguistics.

John, yes I am now a huge Michigan fan. We always root for whoever is playing SC.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home