Saturday, November 26, 2005

My Brief Stint as a Cartoonist

No, Brotha Buck. I am not trying to emulate you. I'm not worthy. Not even close.

While looking through my archived files, I ran into this "comic strip" created by yours truly about six years ago while moonlighting as an adjunct faculty member at a local university. DO NOT miss this posting if you have not read it. The Best Posting from the Best Dog In the World ever!

Some background information is in order. When I taught a lower division course called "Computer Architecture," all of my students had a co-requisite course which they had to take concurrently while taking my course. The course ID for particular this co-requisite course was 241 while mine 240.

Apparently the professor that they had was unbearable. Although I didn't know the professor, I tried to provide them with sympathetic ears in my misguided attempts to be a "cool professor." And they talked and talked and talked incessantly about 241, and seldom my course.

Then one week, they were sweating out the upcoming midterm in that class. The looks of helplessness on their faces were hard to watch.

So as a "cool professor" that I was, I published this comic strip on my class website to cheer them up. Nobody thanked me for it.


241, 241, 241. All Professor Cho hears about is 241


One fateful day, Professor Cho passes out.




Instead of wallowing in jealousy, Professor Cho decides to cheer up his students (Yes, I did bring in a set of pom poms into the classroom one day and put on a show. I don't wanna talk about it.)


He goes even further. He barges in in the middle of the 241 midterm to cheer up his beloved students.


Crime: Disturbing the Peace (Or just for being disturbing, period)


8 Comments:

At November 27, 2005 6:01 PM, Blogger B said...

They don't put you behind bars for that....it is called a padded cell. :)

 
At November 28, 2005 6:21 AM, Blogger David Cho said...

Oh, okay.

(How do you know these things?)

 
At November 28, 2005 8:39 AM, Blogger Susanna said...

:-D LOL. You are such a nutcase.

 
At November 28, 2005 1:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well... I would have liked to see work those pom poms for real! :D

 
At November 28, 2005 7:52 PM, Blogger Brotha Buck said...

LoL, that was great! Bro Cho, you are a bonefied nut, but that's cool...birds of a feather...
I'll be looking for more cartoons!

 
At November 28, 2005 7:54 PM, Blogger David Cho said...

"a nutcase" from a thinker,
"a bonefied nut" from brotha buck.

I can now die a happy man. I love you all.

 
At November 30, 2005 8:51 AM, Blogger Elevated said...

My fav drawing of your's is still the couple in the car :P

 
At December 11, 2005 7:08 AM, Blogger laura k said...

This is my favorite post of yours, ever.

I'm actually back to read it a third time, 'cause I needed a laugh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home