Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Memo to My People


It's just not a good idea to operate a restaurant frequented by our people next to a pet hospital in America. You just have to trust me on that.

*********************************************

Well, I have to confess, since we are all friends here, that I dined there just last night.

At the restaurant, that is. Thank you for asking.

The dish was "Kung Pao Chicken."

And I am reasonably sure it was chicken, and even though according to popular belief, everything tastes like chicken, I think my taste buds can differentiate real chicken from everything else that tastes like chicken. I really think so.

The culinary activity, mastication and eventual consumption took place exclusively between the Gallus gallus species and the mankind, and as far as I know, no other species besides a few members of the Plant Kingdom participated in last night's inter-species food chain enterprise.

After perusing through the menu, I communicated my wishes in explicit spoken words to the waiter without exchanging winks, secret gestures or any other kind of nonverbal communication.

I said, "Kung Pao Chicken, please."
He said, "What would you like to drink?"
I said, "Coke. And no fries with that."

It was as normal a business transition as it could be, which involved delivering the service(Kung Pao Chicken) and money changing hands in the form of financial compensation between myself and the waiter.

I also did not loiter around the pet hospital to size up the animals being carted in and out of there. There were one German Shepard, one Boston Terrier and two dogs of indeterminate breeds in the receptionist area, but who's counting? They were so cute, I could eat them up (get it?).

Noah is from the shelter. I always tell people that I was the first Korean ever to get a dog from the pound, not by the pound.

These stupid jokes never get old.

17 Comments:

At January 25, 2006 7:14 AM, Blogger Bruce said...

That was funny David. And great looking dog. Are you sure you didn't get him BY the pound?

B~

 
At January 25, 2006 8:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

:>D ha ha ha! So true, they never get old.

 
At January 25, 2006 5:45 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

great post! okay you're two for two. your last two posts cracked me up :-) it was a loooooong day and i needed a good laugh.
now i'm gonna go watch American Idol...another good laugh! :)

 
At January 25, 2006 7:13 PM, Blogger B said...

Oh great! I always have to talk myself into not believeing that I am eating cat everytime I go out for Oriential food...now it is a lost cause.

Thanks for the laugh David!! :)

 
At January 25, 2006 7:57 PM, Blogger David Cho said...

bruce - yeah, I got him by the pound, but decided against cooking him :).

max - thanks. How's your CD panning out?

music.angel - thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you are recovering from your day well.

JRA - just make sure there is no pet hospital next to the restaurant :)

 
At January 25, 2006 9:12 PM, Blogger Anne said...

That was so funny! I really miss eating at those places - my son has a peanut allergy and we can't go there with him.

 
At January 26, 2006 5:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

David,

Target date for release(I hope)is will be mid-April. Maybe sooner. I'll do a post with a link to some early pre-mastered material when it's available. The reno in the control room took longer than expected. When does that ever happen?

 
At January 26, 2006 6:54 AM, Blogger Susanna said...

Hmm, nice-looking dog. Looks like he might make some great burger. . .OOPS! Did I say that?!

 
At January 26, 2006 8:47 AM, Blogger David Cho said...

Max - I am looking forward to it.

thinker - You are not even Korean. Only Koreans are allowed to say that.

 
At January 26, 2006 10:42 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Dave - that is a sweet picture of Noah. :)

 
At January 27, 2006 12:51 PM, Blogger Elevated said...

Hmmm - a picture of Noah next to the stove? Is this a subliminal message?

 
At January 29, 2006 3:44 PM, Blogger laura k said...

Elevated took the words write outta my keyboard. I was hoping there was no connection between Noah and the kitchen.

And P.S. David? The jokes do get old. You just have to trust me on that. :)

 
At January 29, 2006 4:14 PM, Blogger The Gig said...

You are too funny. Great post and great looking dog.

Is there really a possibility that we could be eating something beside chicken at one of these restaurants? I don't eat pork, and anything that doesn't part the hoof and chew the cud is definitely off limits. *grin*

 
At January 29, 2006 8:08 PM, Blogger David Cho said...

Well, Ms. Elevated is not forthcoming here. She was the photographer behind the camera, not I.

Oh man, I wish I had known that it was gonna be year of the Dog.

 
At January 29, 2006 8:26 PM, Blogger David Cho said...

Gig, if there is a pet hospital next to it, look around to see if there is a door between the two places :)

 
At January 29, 2006 9:03 PM, Blogger Friar Tuck said...

funny post.

 
At January 30, 2006 10:41 AM, Blogger Oricon Ailin said...

*giggles* Too funny!!! Hopefully it was only chicken and nothing else. hehehe

I could make a few jokes about it all, but I won't. That wouldn't be very nice of me.

Glad you enjoyed your supper though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home