Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Biological Weapon

Feeling a little thirsty as I stepped into the car, I was greeted by a bottle lodged in the cup holder right above the ash tray. Of course my right hand made a reflex lunge toward the bottle and within two nano seconds, every drop of the liquid inside vanished.

The taste was a little intriguing to say the least. So as soon as the car came to a stop in the rush hour traffic jam, I began to inspect the label to satisfy my curiosity. It turned out to be an Odwalla strawberry banana smoothie. Strawberries and bananas don't taste like that, do they?



Hmm....

A vague recollection of having bought this at a Starbucks store 2 or 3 evenings ago on the way home surfaced. A little more perusal through the label revealed the following:

EXTRMELY PERISHABLE
KEEP REFREGERATED


Folks, that bottle had been in my car for at least 2 full days including two warm Southern California afternoons. How dead am I? I will let you know as soon as I start hearing the beckoning of my dead relatives.

3 Comments:

At March 24, 2005 9:21 AM, Blogger B said...

Hopefully the night wasn't meet with stomach cramps and sitting on the bathroom floor with your head placed carefully on the edge of the bathtub, wishing for death over feeling that was coursing through your body. Been there, done that....food poisoning bites!

You'll have to let us know how you are doing!

On a brighter note: Happy Easter!

 
At March 24, 2005 2:29 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

LOL. It doesn't really surprise me... :)

 
At March 25, 2005 6:37 AM, Blogger David Cho said...

Nothing happened to me. I must have a stomach of iron. Thank you JRA and Jenny (I think) for your concerns :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home