Monday, September 04, 2006

Pretend this is a video blog

Since I don't have a webcam, you will have to bear with me as I walk you through a series of still photos.

So who doesn't like Tabasco? If you are an aficionado of all things spicy, then Tabasco should be near the top of your must-haves.



Have you looked at the label on the other side of the Tabasco logo on the bottle? I bet you have not.

Drop everything you are doing and grab the bottle you have and come back here. This is important.



Okay, so let's zoom in here to have a closer look.



Okay, we can all read this:  "Distinctive Flavor," it reads, "Aged to Perfection." The label goes on to claim that, "It takes 3 years to make the unique favor of TABASCO brand Pepper Sauce."

Just some harmless marketing propaganda we have grown used to. Now let's move the camera down the label to read the rest of the label.


It says to "Try it on: Soups, salads, pizza, pasta, .... BBQ." Let's continue down the list.



ARE YOU SEEING WHAT I'M SEEING?!?!?!?!? It tells you to "try it on" Asian!?!?!?

Now you may say not to be silly and tell me that it really means Asian foods. Then why is Sushi listed separately?



You know, the last time I checked, Sushi isn't Norwegian.

Memo to self: Be aware of big bad men walking around with a Tabasco bottle.

On a more serious note, a lot of crazy little things are going on in my life, leaving me no mental capacity to blog. I suppose this is how writer's block comes about. Hope your Labor Day weekend went well.

16 Comments:

At September 04, 2006 9:43 PM, Blogger Brotha Buck said...

I think I'll try it out on the wife tonight, see how it would taste...um, spice up a black woman.

 
At September 04, 2006 10:01 PM, Blogger David Cho said...

Umm..buck. She is not listed.

 
At September 05, 2006 2:42 AM, Blogger Brian J. Buriff said...

"abasco" in some languages might just add up to the notorious mathematical equivalent of "1000". Throw in the "T" just before the "abasco" and do you see what I see?

 
At September 05, 2006 9:16 AM, Blogger David Cho said...

That is crazy stuff, Brian. Wow, never thought of that.

 
At September 05, 2006 2:15 PM, Blogger Friar Tuck said...

I would also be offended

 
At September 05, 2006 3:22 PM, Blogger Elevated said...

hahaha I almost spit out my water laughing

 
At September 05, 2006 3:32 PM, Blogger Susanna said...

Hi David. If I ever meet you face-to-face, I will shake a bottle of Tabasco sauce over your head ;)

Just teasing. Man, I've been away too long. Two new posts from you!

 
At September 05, 2006 4:15 PM, Blogger The Resident Writer said...

Gotta' be tough, being in a minority.

 
At September 05, 2006 6:52 PM, Blogger SUPER said...

Okay, once again...you have me laughing so hard, I almost had an accident.
First, I love all things spicy..the hotter the better. BUT, I have never liked the taste of Tabasco. If I did, I would NEVER EVER even think of trying it on any Asian food...or Asian people. Very bizarre!

 
At September 05, 2006 7:40 PM, Blogger David Cho said...

@Friar, I am not offended. I'm just scared.

@thinker, thanks you for the warm welcome.

@merster, I actually bought this particular one at a Korean market.

@David and sarah, you are right. I love Asian dishes and Tabasco both, but cannot think of a combination that will make sense, which leads me to believe that they really don't mean Asian food.

 
At September 05, 2006 8:40 PM, Blogger The Gig said...

Try it on fried chicken and fish --yummy, yum yum

 
At September 05, 2006 9:58 PM, Blogger Granny said...

Some of the Americanized Chinese dishes coulg use a touch of something to offset the blandness. Why not Tabasco?

Same with sushi.

 
At September 05, 2006 10:34 PM, Blogger David Cho said...

Granny, at that point, it isn't "asian" any more.

 
At September 10, 2006 1:11 PM, Blogger laura k said...

So you're afraid someone will take them literally and pour some Tabasco on you, eh? I can understand that.

When you visit Louisiana (which not too many people are doing these days), you can go to the Tabasco factory on Avery island. No one says Tabasco down there. There are a million brands, they just call it hot sauce, if I recall correctly.

Reading comments, I'm wondering why sushi requires nerve. Yum yum.

 
At September 10, 2006 3:22 PM, Blogger David Cho said...

I didn't know it was from Louisiana. Would love to visit there. Before Katrina, it was about the only place in the South that I was interested in visiting.

 
At September 10, 2006 4:01 PM, Blogger laura k said...

Before Katrina, it was about the only place in the South that I was interested in visiting.

Smart man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home