Monday, September 04, 2006

Looky here

Found in my inbox. I'm gonna be rich!

Beloved In Christ,

Dearest one.

Calvary greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, I am MotherTheresa Smith.I am 65years old, am suffering from long time liver problem.From all indications, my condition is serious and according to mydoctor it is quite obvious that I may not survive the sickness,although as a christain,I beleive God, and I know that I will not die,I will leave to declare the glory of God. My late Husband and my only son was killed during the Ogoni Crisis and I am presently Leaving alone.Our Lord Jesus Christ is my comforter.My late Husband was very wealthy we have a lot of properties including shares and houses.After the death of my Husband,I made up my mind to travel abroad to leave the rest of my life and continue to do the work of God as a missionary.I called our lawyer and I instructed him to sell all my Husband properties and shares to enable me raise some money to conitue my mission.

The lawyer sold the Shares and some of the properties and I was able to raise the sum of ($10.3,000,000.00(Ten Million Three Hundred Thousand US Dollars)The fund is in cash,for the safety of the fund till am able to travel out,I packaged the fund in consignments deposited it with a Security Company.Presently,all the documents concerning the consignments are with my lawyer.

Now that my sickness has gone to this stage,I am scared and I want the fund to be used for the work of God all over the world. I have prayed and I told God to direct me to an honest person who will receive this fund and utilise it for things that will glorify the name of God After my prayers,I searched the internet,I found your email address and I decided to contact you.Please if you are interested in using this fund for the work ofGod,please send to me your private phone and fax number full names and address to enable me give it to my lawyer for immediate arrangement with the Security company on how the consignments that contained the fund will be delivered to you.I await your urgent reply.

Thanks and God bless you.

Regards,
Mother Theresa Smith

This is actually a new one. Most of the "Nigeria scam" emails I have received involve a frozen bank account belonging to a government official in a foreign country which has undergone some kind of political turmoil. This is the first I have received with a Christian theme. I am quite impressed with the author's proficiency in our lingo.

Looks like the scammers are now harvesting email addresses from blogs.

5 Comments:

At September 05, 2006 3:20 PM, Blogger Elevated said...

Have you seen the blogs where people have gone along playing the game with them..acting like they got the money and have wired back the "extra". It is too funny to read the scammers reactions when the people swear they cashed the check and wired the money back, they just don't know what happened to it.

 
At September 05, 2006 3:33 PM, Blogger Susanna said...

Yeah...I'm getting lots of spam on my blog address :(

 
At September 05, 2006 7:40 PM, Blogger David Cho said...

I would like to read those blogs and get some ideas.

 
At September 06, 2006 5:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. People will try anything to get money, won't they? I feel sorry for the people who still fall for this.

- Mad Ethel
Victim of Beta Blogger

 
At September 06, 2006 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, David,

John Hubers here of www.christianzionism.org encouraging you to write another piece for our site if you like. I like your style!

If I responded to all the emails I've gotten like this . . . . I'd have at least a billion dollars. I've gotten them from all over the world!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home