Wednesday, November 30, 2005

New Arrival

You read it right.

A new baby in my life - A Brand New Laptop.

What can I say about my new baby. Ladies and gentlemen, Satellite P35-S605 from Toshiba (Applause please).

Let's take a moment or so to go over the specs. Drop everything you are doing. This is important.

- Pentium 4 Processor 553 3.46 Ghz processing speed
- ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON® 9000 IGP
- 1 GB memory
- 256MB (Min) /2048MB (Max)

(David at this point is too overcome with emotion to continue down the list.

In other words, he is verklempting. Verklempt, as some of you may know is a fake Yiddish word which means overcome with emotion. This word was coined by Linda Richman of Saturday Night Live's "Coffee Talk" back in the mid 90's.

Please be respectful while he composes himself.
........................

Even though Linda Richman originally sanctioned it as an adjective, I am using it as a verb, hence I am verklempting. It's a fake word. In the immortal words of William Shakespeare, or Britney Spears - BITE ME, Linda.)

I'm okay now. Please follow this link to read up more on this marvelous laptop.

One thing that the photo above fails to do justice is the monitor. It is a 17" diagonal widescreen. To get an idea of what that means, check this out.

I can now have Patricia Heaton's fan site AND the Katherine Jenkins official website open in TWO SEPERATE browser windows SIDE BY SIDE. No longer do I have to choose Patricia over Katherine. No longer do I have to choose Katherine over Patricia.

The same goes for my childhood heroes The Bionic Woman and Wonder Woman.

(David is verklempting again....)

15 Comments:

At December 01, 2005 6:24 AM, Blogger Bruce said...

I think, even though it's a PC, that I'm verklempting too.

Congrats! I expect to be seeing a cigar in the mail soon. And more posts.

B~

 
At December 01, 2005 2:07 PM, Blogger furyouhin said...

there's not much better than the faint scent of ozone of new electronics.

 
At December 01, 2005 7:42 PM, Blogger B said...

I loved Wonderwoman growing up. I always imagined that I would be just like her....you know, flying around in an invisable jet that looked like she was sitting in an outline drawing. What a great show!

I must say that I just purchased a new laptop for my home, but I wasn't nearly as excited about it as you are. Must be a guy thing...you know, like video games.

 
At December 01, 2005 11:14 PM, Blogger Gretchen said...

Yeah for your new computer! Even though I'm not a tec girl I can appriciate the fact that it works so well for you and that you feel verklempt by something so fun.....
love the word "verklempt".
The funny thing is that I just heard the word very recently describing the feelings of a much loved Shitzu by her owner when having to be left at home by herself. I was so taken aback at hearing the word used in normal conversation that I laughed and had to repeat it a few times...

 
At December 02, 2005 5:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

*Sigh...*

So fast, such a beautiful widescreen. (a long pause)

I'm now overcome with extreme jealousy. How can I ever be happy with my 2.8 Ghz, 512 MB, hp laptop again?

 
At December 02, 2005 6:13 AM, Blogger David Cho said...

Let's all have a verklempting party! Thanks bruce.

furyouhin, thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your visit.

JRA, aren't you a little too young to have grown up with Wonder Woman? The show ran in the mid 70's.

gretchen, somebody actually uses the word? I think it's a fake word. That is what urbandictionary.com says.

Max, you should be jealous.

 
At December 02, 2005 6:14 AM, Blogger David Cho said...

One more thing, JRA. For my part, I never imagined I would be just like her....

I just liked her. A lot

 
At December 03, 2005 11:18 AM, Blogger Brotha Buck said...

I'm still verklempting on that cool black leather couch in the background. The computer is cool too. I'm in the market for a computer for the wife and son, before he completely screws mine up. Hey, in answer to your question, I used Flash to make that face move thing. I embeded the swf file into my blog post.

 
At December 04, 2005 10:48 AM, Blogger B said...

I was really little when it was on....but I remember the great Wonder Woman (well it may have actually been in re-runs when I saw it, but I saw it nonetheless).

I am grateful that you never imagined that you would be just like her....that would be weird! :)

 
At December 04, 2005 6:16 PM, Blogger The Gig said...

When I first started reading your post I thought you were talking about a real live baby. Your PC is beautiful. You really have something to be excited about. What an amusing post. :-)

 
At December 05, 2005 6:05 AM, Blogger American Girl said...

Congrats on your new "baby"!

I grew up on Wonder Woman re-runs ... and Brady Bunch re-runs. Man were those the days!?! Then there were Wonder Woman Underoos.

 
At December 05, 2005 8:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Will you be handing out virtual cigars?

 
At December 05, 2005 11:25 AM, Blogger Elevated said...

Ooo nice. I need to get a laptop for work to replace my old clunker and this one looks like a nice fit :D

So who's da baby's momma? Lynda Carter?

 
At December 06, 2005 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Verklempt? Boychick, that's not fake Yiddish, that's real Yiddish. Language is a real language. Though it isn't spoken much anymore, you might here it in communities with an older Jewish population. That, and New York City.

 
At December 06, 2005 12:45 PM, Blogger David Cho said...

Okay, my bad for trusting urbandictionary.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home