Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Walking my dog

Since this blog is named The Best Dog In the World, I might as well blog about my dog every once in awhile. In case you haven't heard, my dog's pictures adorn a website called TheBestDogInTheWorld.com. Brace yourself for some serious cuteness. No, the domain is not for sale. Sorry.

I run with Noah every day. At times, my friendly neighbors moping around in their front yards flag me down to chat, but these days I just pick up my speed and zoom by them without stopping.

Why?

My dog, if I stopped to chat, would always squat down right on the spot to take care of his business before greeting my neighbors. It never fails. What is there to talk about while I stoop to pick up after my dog while apologizing so profusely? Yes, even the Best Dog in The World has to poop.

As most dogs do, when given a treat, my dog after securing it in his mouth runs over to some place in the house out of sight from the world.

Have you noticed that when dogs use the bathroom, privacy is of zero concern, but when they eat, they will go great lengths to be left alone? In contrast, we of the most advanced species do things completely the other way around.

Truly mindboggling stuff.

*****************************

Addendum:  In case you haven't done it, it is your duty to go visit Brotha Buck's blog. It is truly a work of art - possibly the Best Blog In The World.

10 Comments:

At October 20, 2005 7:23 AM, Blogger American Girl said...

You realize now that when someone does a search for "Best Poop" you are going to come up.

 
At October 20, 2005 10:21 AM, Blogger David Cho said...

Well, yeah. Your comment will make it even more likely. How about...

"The Best Blog In the World"
"The Best Blog In the World"
"The Best Blog In the World"
"The Best Blog In the World"
"The Best Blog In the World"
"The Best Blog In the World"

 
At October 20, 2005 12:45 PM, Blogger Amber said...

What a cute puppy!!!(all dogs are puppies to me). You may have the best dog in the world, but I have the stupidest dog in the world and I can prove it - another day though.

Ya know, I've been a dog owner all my life and I've never thought about the privacy thing. Interesting.. I'm sure there's a message there somewhere but it will be up to somebody brighter than me to figure it out.

 
At October 21, 2005 8:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You're right David. Dogs are comfortable with doing their business anywhere.

Why is it that my dog always looks for the best manicured lawns to dump on? If it has weeds or patchy spots, no way! I hurry to scoop the poop and make a quick get away before the owner sees us.

We can take our dogs with us into our pet store where we live. Even though we make her go before entering the store, she still finds a way to save some for Aisle 3!

 
At October 21, 2005 8:58 PM, Blogger Gary Means said...

Does your dog bite?

and the next lines are:

 
At October 21, 2005 9:05 PM, Blogger Gary Means said...

Clouseau: Does your dog bite?
Hotel Clerk: No.
Clouseau: [bowing down to pet the dog] Nice doggie.
[Dog barks and bites Clouseau in the hand]
Clouseau: I thought you said your dog did not bite!
Hotel Clerk: That is not my dog.

from, The Return of the Pink Panther

 
At October 23, 2005 6:05 PM, Blogger Brotha Buck said...

Well, thanks Brotha Cho! And that is so right about dogs, they poop right in your face while hide to chomp on a bone. Incidentally, I'm scared of dogs, especially big ones, so I'd probably just wave at you and hope you'd keep running.: )

 
At October 25, 2005 7:34 AM, Blogger Elevated said...

My fav is when Buster decides to try and pee on someone's well manicured bush....while they are manicuring it.

 
At November 11, 2005 6:01 AM, Blogger Susanna said...

David, your dog is SO CUTE. I just had a peek at thebestdogintheworld.com, and he is ADORABLE. What breed(s) is he, or do you know.

 
At November 11, 2005 6:51 AM, Blogger David Cho said...

a thinker, Noah is from the shelter, so his breed is anyone's guess. Shelter dogs rock!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home