Friday, August 05, 2005

Brother Sister Moment

Back when my nephews were about nine and eleven, my sister was having one of those mom and son moments. The older one was being talked to. Can't quite recall the specifics of the episode.

The younger one, being the rambunctious and nosy one in the family, kept interrupting with his take. My sister finally got fed up.

My sister: Jason, when your brother and I are discussing important matters, the conversation is between him and me.
Jason: Well, but ....blah blah blah

My sister: If we need your input, we will ask. In the meantime...
Jason: Blah blah blah blah.

(Finally in my infinite wisdom, I decided to chime in.)

Me: It's not cool to butt in. It's none of your business.

(I was so proud of my very succinct and to the point contribution to the whole situation. They will appreciate me for this when they grow up. As I started to pat myself on the back for having done my adult uncle duty...).

My sister: (turning to me) Hey you.
Me: Yes?

My sister: Speak for yourself.

2 Comments:

At August 05, 2005 3:35 PM, Blogger B said...

Super funny stuff!! I love it when siblings are having serious conversations with their children and suddenly they completely remind you of your own parents. Of course it is safer to wait and rub it in when the children aren't around....they get really mad when you start laughing during their "serious" moments! :)

 
At August 07, 2005 4:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, I've been bit before!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home