Wednesday, August 03, 2005

The Irony

When Scottish scientists successfully cloned Dolly the sheep, some sick individuals joked that the scientific breakthrough was to the delight of "lonely" farmers all over the UK.

Having never been to the UK and not knowing any lonely farmers personally, I don't fully appreciate or understand the joke, but it sure sounds morbid and twisted. So my pledge to you is that I will never again blog about lonely farmers and their sheep in the same post.

Ah! The irony continues. Of all places in the world, my country of origin Korea is home to the first cloned dog ever. Meet Snupy.



I still tell people that I am the first Korean ever to get a dog from the pound, as opposed to by the pound.

That stupid joke never gets old.

8 Comments:

At August 04, 2005 5:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Haha ha haha ha...
Thanks for the morning laugh. I haven't heard that one before.
:)

 
At August 04, 2005 7:48 AM, Blogger B said...

Something just ain't right about that dog....just sayin'!

 
At August 04, 2005 12:25 PM, Blogger Linda said...

yeah, it looks like the mama cell and the daddy cell may have been cuzzins.

 
At August 04, 2005 2:26 PM, Blogger Elevated said...

It has bear feet.

 
At August 04, 2005 5:10 PM, Blogger David Cho said...

Yes, I noticed the same thing. Those paws mare massive.

 
At August 04, 2005 9:03 PM, Blogger Gretchen said...

The dog does look a little.... different? It just seems kinda wrong and twisted. What kind of dog is that anyways?

 
At August 13, 2005 12:22 PM, Blogger laura k said...

I think the massive paws are because it is going to be very big one day. All big-dog puppies have paws like that.

What gets me is these dogs are being created so people can experiment on them. I am not against medical research, but it makes me very sad to think a dog's life will be nothing but purposely inflicted diseases, surgeries, symptoms, being studied, etc. Just very sad.

But David, your "by the pound" joke made me spit club soda. :)

 
At August 13, 2005 4:52 PM, Blogger David Cho said...

Yeah, doing research with animals saddens me too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home