Monday, January 02, 2006

Subscribing to blogs

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Tired of clicking through the blogroll to see if your friends have newly published entries since your last visits? Are you dreaming of a quick and sneaky way of compiling new blog entries in one and centralized place, so as to not to get caught by your boss spending all day surfing the blogdom?

Despair not. The Best Dog In The World to the rescue offering an invaluable public service using the latest technology called RSS.

Just follow the easy steps below to "subscribe" to your favorite blogs. You can thank me later. Please hold your hugs and kisses especially if you are a guy.

Before we cover the specifics of how to make this dream come true, download and install Firefox. Trust me. It is a far better browser than MS Internet Explorer. Bite me, Bill, you (vitriolic expletives and tirades left to your imagination.)

If you are just too lazy to do that, please, I urge you to join me in the worldwide resistance against the greatest threat to free enterprise since John Rockefeller's diabolical domination of the oil industry.

Now that you have liberated yourself from the tyranny of Internet Explorer, follow the easy steps below.

1. Go visit the blog you wish to "subscribe." Let's use this very blog as an example.

2. Toward the right end of the address bar, you will see an orange icon as shown below. Click on it.



3. A dialogue box will appear as shown below, asking you if you wish to add this as a bookmark. Click Okay.



4. Now when you take the cursor to the bookmark, you will see a submenu automatically populated as bookmarks with the titles of my most recent blog entries. This is how you can see the list of my latest entries on my page without having to visit it.



>>>>>>>>>>Thundering Applause<<<<<<<<<<


7 Comments:

At January 02, 2006 7:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've been using firefox for about a year now and love it!

 
At January 02, 2006 9:40 PM, Blogger Gary Means said...

My kids have firefox on our other computer for some reason. Perhaps because it's a better, safer browser, perhaps? now I guess I'll have to consider that.

When they took my Mac away at work several years ago, it left with my fingernail marks on it as they wrenched it away. I started way back with an original Mac, using MacWrite. Then I upgraded to one with a MacBottom, then was thrilled by the raw power of the SE and that 9" screen. My employer even paid $2,000 for a 20MB external hard drive for me, and I thought I was hotstuff. Things have changed a bit over the years, eh? $2,000 can buy an impressive array consisting of many Gigabytes -- maybe even Terabytes?

Now that I'm finally relatively content with Uncle Bill's products (even at home), you want me to do what? Oh wait, I'm using a Google product right now, aren't I? Murkysoft has a blogging software too, doesn't it? Why aren't I using that? Hmmm. ok. I'll give Firefox a shot sometime soon.

 
At January 02, 2006 10:51 PM, Blogger teflonjedi said...

How well does it do with letting you know that new, additiona comments have been made in the articles? Or can it handle that kind of thing?

Just really switched over to Firefox, and still getting the hang of things...

 
At January 02, 2006 11:18 PM, Blogger David Cho said...

teflonjedi, unfortunately, I don't think comments are part of RSS feed, so no, it doesn't alert you of new comments

 
At January 02, 2006 11:37 PM, Blogger teflonjedi said...

Eyup, you're absolutely right. Ah well.

 
At January 04, 2006 7:17 PM, Blogger Bruce said...

I love Firefox. I use it on my home computer and my pc and mac at work. What I can't get to work on my blog is RSS. Maybe you would be so kind and help me out.

Have I told you Happy New Year? If not, consider you told.

B~

 
At January 09, 2006 8:12 AM, Blogger Granny said...

I'm slowly becoming accustomed to Firefox. Thanks for the hint. I'm working my way backward through your more recent posts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home