Seven things about me
Tagged by "Sir" Nathan.
Emerging Grace has tagged me as well, but she only asked for five interesting things about me, which I have yet to respond to, but this time the count has increased to seven.
So I thought I'd respond before the count went up to 100.
1. Back in college, I was a member of a social fraternity named Alpha Gamma Omega. It billed itself as a "Christ-centered" organization whose membership was open only to born-again Christians. The house rules strictly prohibited drinking and dancing which is my excuse for my pathetic dance moves.
2. In 1992, I campaigned for Bruce Hershensen who was Barbara Boxer's rival for the US Senate. I doubt if anyone in Congress today can out-conservative him.
3. I have lived in three different countries - Korea (birth to 5, 7-14), Japan (6-7), and US (since age 14).
4. I aced all three Spanish classes in high school. Nobody came close even though many of my classmates were of Hispanic descent and I was only one year into studying English. But I think it actually worked to my advantage since my brain was already wired to pick up a new language.
5. Not having much to do when school was out, I watched soap operas as a language learning exercise. How in the world am I gonna assimilate into this country of mental cases? I lamented just after two episodes of 'Days of Our Lives.'
6. I have always harbored a deep seated resentment of authority. My grandfather of all people taught me to be that way, which wasn't very Asian of him, to say the least.
7. A root canal sounds much more appealing than having to come up with interesting things about me. My grandfather was a lot more interesting than me. Will blog about him one of these days.