Monday, May 07, 2007

Two-headed Politician?

Watch this Youtube campaign clip from Dennis Kucinich, a Democratic presidential hopeful vying for his party's nomination.

You don't have to watch the whole thing; just the first few seconds will do.



What is the deal with the young woman standing behind him? She is just standing there with her presence taking up almost half the screen making him look two-headed, but yet Kucinich does nothing in the way of introducing the woman. Then the camera zooms out revealing the rest of the crowd flanking him adorned with campaign signs, and the clip ends.

Who exactly is taking centerstage here? If she is the candidate's daughter whom he is showcasing as most politicians do with their children in order to portray themselves as a family man, then the camera work leaves much to be desired. And also, the guy can certainly use John Edwards' $400 haircut.

What is up with the woman's prominence in the clip with no explanation whatsoever? I kept asking, is this guy an aspiring beauty pageant MC or a presidential candidate? When I pointed this to my political junkie friend, he told me that the young woman is his WIFE.

Dennis Kucinich is 60, and the woman 29. Yikes!

My goodness. At age 41, I have come to terms with the realization that women in their 20's are now way out of my age range, and here comes a guy who is old enough to be my father marrying a young woman I consider too young for me.

Maybe I shouldn't summarily write off Britney any more.

Thank you for reading the most pointless posting ever to grace the blogosphere

11 Comments:

At May 07, 2007 9:45 AM, Blogger Gretchen said...

That is pretty funny and kind of strange. She looks like she has been waiting for this debut all of her life! It's funny how she keeps staring at the camera!

btw, Thanks for the nice comment. We are doing surprisingly well.

 
At May 07, 2007 12:00 PM, Blogger Bar L. said...

David, David, David.....

Consider yourself blessed that you are too old for those silly chicks in their 20's. Women don't even hit their peak till they are 40 these days! And look around, there are tons of attractive "middle aged" women. The only advantage younger women have is that they probably don't heave any wrinkles yet, and their bodies are not quite as lived in.

Most men I know in their 40's and above have realized that the hot bods look great but they can't compare to the all the wonderful attributes that only a woman who's been on the planet for at least 35 years has to offer. (if you want a list of the attributes, just ask, I just didn't want to take up TOO much space in your comments).

(no offense to all the younger women out there, I am making generalizations in an attempt to be somewhat facetious)

 
At May 07, 2007 12:06 PM, Blogger David Cho said...

Barbara, I was being facetious as well. Britney will not get a call from me.

Besides, she is kinda gross.

 
At May 07, 2007 6:24 PM, Blogger Brian J. Buriff said...

In addition to the women breathing down his neck, I noticed he pink pockadoted necktie he was wearing. Both a little odd.

 
At May 07, 2007 9:13 PM, Blogger Gary Means said...

I've never heard him speak before. He seems rather like he's trying to convince us and himself that he's credible. He has no presence. And having his wife behind him is a really, really bad idea. Who's going to look at him? I don't mean because she's an attractive woman, but because she's bobbing around in the background. Wouldn't that be strange to see Hillary speaking and have Bill staring over her shoulder, or GW with Laura behind him. It's just way too distracting. He sure is folksy though. He wants to hear my narrative. At least I think that's what he wants. I couldn't pay attention. But maybe it's just ADD.

 
At May 08, 2007 8:00 AM, Blogger David Cho said...

So would Hillary make a video like this with Bill breathing down on her neck behind her?

Brian, that is a good observation. Didn't pick up on the pink tie.

 
At May 09, 2007 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

L.O.L.

That is all.

 
At May 10, 2007 11:16 AM, Blogger Friar Tuck said...

Last campaign he was single and they had a show where they set him up on a date.

 
At May 10, 2007 12:19 PM, Blogger Oricon Ailin said...

She looks pretty silly standing right behind him like that. How strange.

 
At May 12, 2007 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kasinich is what I call,"Smarmy"...being too "nice" and patronizing...wants my warm, fuzzy story like the vid he just did...then get in my wallet and get my vote,too. Mitt Romney was ambushed on Jay "Bird" Leno and he came up blasting away! Jaybird asked several pointed pricky questions...Mitt Romney fielded every foul ball! For a minute there, I thought Jaybird was going to ask Romney,"Does your mother know you're a homosexual?"...Old Schoolboy trick question that makes you think! Mit Romney's mother knows he's PROBABLY the best person, hands down to be PRESIDENT!....Anon. cause PW not working...

 
At May 12, 2007 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gary Wayne Payne...is that YOU! If not...Hillary WOULD LOOK goofy with Monica's TBJ Bill breathing down her wrenkled old neck. To me ol' Hilly comes across as a forceful articulate,"Dyke". Her wellsley (private) College sealed her Marxist Treatis required write,"to protect the guilty". You can get anybody's college paper if you dig enough, long enough but not Hillary's nor can you get Bill Clinton's medical records.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home