Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I am "back"

Those of you who had to endure my April Fool's joke should understand my title.

If you are wondering how I wiped out all of my archives to make the joke more believable, read on. No, I did not go through each of my past postings and pull it offline. That would have been an all day project.

* Create another blog with its own URL. In my case, it's davidcho2.blogspot.com.

* Copy and paste your real blog's template onto the new fake blog, so as to make it look real.

* Insert the following javascript snippet in the <header> tag of your real blog. Note the URL of my fake blog in the code.

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!--
window.location="http://davidcho2.blogspot.com";
// -->
</script>


Many thanks to those who fell for it. You are a good sport. It will happen again. I promise.

9 Comments:

At April 03, 2007 7:35 AM, Blogger Elevated said...

..and then there's those of us who have an rss reader who just checked it today....well I would have said "no don't go" if I would have seen it. I think you just wanted attention :P

 
At April 03, 2007 10:10 AM, Blogger Bar L. said...

I was wondering how you did that!!! Very clever!

 
At April 03, 2007 12:42 PM, Blogger The Resident Writer said...

Well, I've got to hand it to anyone who goes to such lengths for a joke.

 
At April 03, 2007 6:25 PM, Blogger San Nakji said...

That was very clever. I am impresed! But you would never make a good magician! You gave away your secrets!

 
At April 03, 2007 8:27 PM, Blogger David Cho said...

Well, anyone with rudimentary knowledge of javascript could figure this out.

 
At April 04, 2007 10:49 AM, Blogger Brotha Buck said...

David, thanks! Your joke may have helped me to figure out a problem I'm been having. I want to, somehow, delete out all my written blog posts, and save the cartoons only. Then in another blog, save the written works. This sounds like the answer? I'm going to bookmark this post.

 
At April 05, 2007 9:41 PM, Blogger Oricon Ailin said...

Oh man...I'm sorry I missed it!!

Did you hear about the joke Google did? The one about the Toilet ISP system??? hehehehe It was funny.

 
At April 10, 2007 8:03 PM, Blogger The Gig said...

Sorry I missed it -- I've been out of the loop for a while. Just a little set back but here I am again, and you are still comedy.

 
At April 11, 2007 4:55 AM, Blogger Amber said...

Hey thanks for the image link. I really appreciate it and I know the kids at PR will. I was a bit shocked when Brian replaced Taser's pic with it. I'm betting he'll do some sort of Taser pic alongside it at some point though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home