Thursday, October 07, 2004

#$%^##!!!!!!!!!

I lost my connection to the Internet, so as any engineer would, I rolled up my sleeves and got to work.

  • Powercycled the router 4 times. 15 minutes
  • Reset the router twice. 10 minutes
  • Reconfigured the router twice. 10 minutes
  • Powercycled the cable modem twice. 10 minutes
  • Called my provider's customer service and was put was on hold. 10 minutes
  • Finally talked the customer service. 5 minutes
  • Rebooted the computer. 10 minutes
  • Drove over to Office Max and back to buy a new router. They were closed. 20 minutes
  • Talked to a friend on the phone about my woes. 10 minutes.

Turned out that the network cable was not plugged into the router all the way.

  • The amount of time it could have taken to fix the problem. 1 minute.
  • The amount of time I wasted - 100 minutes.
  • My hardware ineptitude - timeless.

3 Comments:

At October 07, 2004 6:01 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

:)
I've had those days before...

 
At October 08, 2004 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I had users like you before (when I was in IT). We had a name for you guys .... you were our "special" users.

Marian : )

 
At October 08, 2004 4:38 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

LOL - Marian called you "special."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home