Wednesday, September 22, 2004

My first post

This is David Cho's first blog entry ever to be posted on the Internet. I was encouraged to sign up for an account mostly because a lot of my ex co-workers from GNP were doing it and it just seemed like a fashionable thing to do these days to flex one's prowess of some kind, and the thought of being left out would surely keep me up at night if I didn't act, so here I am.

English is my second language, which makes the task of formulating coherent sentences a challenge, but I will do my best, if you promise to bear with me. Well, can't think of anything interesting or profound to say, so I will bore you to tears with what I did yesterday.

Yesterday, I attended a church sponsored class for men called "Self-Confrontation." It is said to be cover a wide range of topics faced by men who are desirous of improving themselves in spirituality. For your information, I belong to a conservative evangelical church, to which the only exposure you have may be from the much derided "Religious Right." Well, we will talk about that more.

The topic yesterday was Christian Love. The teacher went over the various aspects of what it means to love and asked us to rate ourselves in each area in self-reflection. Love is kind. Love is patient. Love does not provoke. Love is...

Rating myself in each of these attributes of love is a tricky proposition, because my interaction with other humans through the day is quite limited due to my employment situation. I am mostly alone all day working on programming projects for various customers as a self-employed software engineer. And when I do interact with my customers, the $$$ sign before me surely prevents me from being unkind, impatient, and provocative. The motive for my kindness, patience and gentleness has more to do with maintaining and nurturing business relationships, and little to do with love.

No, this is not meant to be a sob story of how lonely I am. But don't let that keep you from feeling sorry for me and dropping me a line.

1 Comments:

At September 23, 2004 7:49 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Dave!!! I'm so excited that you're a new blogger!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home