Thursday, September 23, 2004

Second day as a blogger

This is my second day as a blogger, and one question that naturally comes to my mind is how many people have read my blog. So far, only two people have been told, one of whom is Jenny Smith. Jenny is a very cool friend of mine who just started her first year at Princeton as a seminary student. Go check out her blog if you are interested in learning what coolness is all about.

Is Jenny the only person who's read it? Or has my first post created an instant buzz around the world among tens of thousands of people who have become my adoring minions overnight (if so, preferably more females than males)? What is my budding audience like?

Back in my early twenties during my formative days as an impressionable young man, I took a theology class taught by a student from the seminary housed on the campus of the church I attended.

The young instructor was quite a fiery orator. He spoke very loudly and powerfully with his wildly fluctuating hand gestures to match his imposing voice. It was as if he was addressing an audience of tens of thousands of screaming fans at an outdoor pep rally. Well, you get the picture. The thing is there were only 5 of us in a small classroom of roughly 15 desks, and one can imagine how his voice reverberated with the door and windows closed after receiving a few complaints.

Far be it for me to criticize one's public speaking skills as a so-so speaker myself, but it kind of bothered me that he seldom made eye contact while showering us with undodgeable (is undodgeable a word?) spit balls. But you gotta love his enthusiasm. Perhaps today he is a pastor of a large congregation numbering in tens of thousands somewhere.

What does that have to do with my blog? Maybe I should start acting as though my audience numbers in tens, and even hundreds of thousands and my readership ranges from dweebs/geeks like me to movers and shakers of our society whose highlight of the day is reading my blog. Hey Mike (Mike is the guy who taught my theology class), if you are reading this, what class was it that I took from you again? Yes, I was the guy who kept peppering you with those annoying questions about dog heaven.

And just in case Katherine Zeta-Jones has not been informed of the inauguration of the David Cho blog, could somebody volunteer to email her. Thanks in advance. And oh, Lucy Liu too while you are at it. Thanks. But please don't bother with William Hung. Thanks again.

5 Comments:

At September 24, 2004 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David,

Welcome to the world of blogging. While we have
yet to see how vast of an audience you have reached
with your blog, let it be known that at least one
student of old is among your readers.

Keep up the good work. Oh yea, would love to see
some posts about the upcoming election in November.
I'm always interested to hear your political views since they typically are at odds with mine.

Respectfully,

Shane Adams

 
At September 24, 2004 10:55 PM, Blogger Mrs. McGee said...

i also welcome you to blogging, which i have found very enjoyable. i have only been blogging for a week, so i too am fairly new at this. i wish you the best of luck.

 
At September 25, 2004 7:09 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Woah--a shout-out!! Thanks, Dave! I can't believe you use me to define the word "coolness." A little overstated, but nice nonetheless. :)

 
At September 27, 2004 10:58 PM, Blogger veggiedude said...

Actually, my 12 year old dog is the best dog in the world:

www.mosesthedog.com

 
At June 30, 2005 4:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes David, this is him! Eeek. Except that you're missing the "god told me to tell yous..." and "your spirit doesn't agree with my spirit" (which translated means, "you are hearing from demons because I obviously am hearing from God and don't agree with your opinion). love, jane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home