Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Must be a slow news day

Picked up a box of popping corn while shopping at Costco tonight. This on the narrow side of the box caught my attention:



Sigh....

Has the cheesy net lingo invaded the real world outside the Internet and cell phones?

"OMG" Cholesterol?

What is there to OMG about when it comes to Cholesterol? My doctor just lectured to me again about watching my life style to lower the Cholesterol levels, and I had to lie to him about my diet. Now a box of popping corn taunts me with a silly Internet acronym?

What's next? Shampoo bottles screaming, "LOL baldness"? Sorry, can't come up with a better analogy. It was a long first day at work.

Upon further review, the box does not read OMG. It actually reads 0mg which stands for zero milligrams. In this country, you won't see metric units used much outside of nutritional data in fine print on food products, so what else was I supposed to think? I am not a nutrition geek.

But then, if they used the ounce which is abbreviated oz, the box would read "0oz Cholesterol." That is just gross.

I think I spend too much time hating on the cheesy net lingo.

♥ BFF ♥,
David

12 Comments:

At January 06, 2009 7:23 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

LOL!! This is SO cute. :)

 
At January 06, 2009 7:50 AM, Blogger Amber said...

You crack me up. Thanks for the comic relief in an otherwise stressful day.

 
At January 06, 2009 8:53 AM, Blogger The Resident Writer said...

TWAFAIP! That was a funny and ironic post!

 
At January 06, 2009 8:56 AM, Blogger David Cho said...

TWAFAIP? I looked it up. Did you just coin that?

 
At January 06, 2009 2:27 PM, Blogger A. Roberts said...

Don't you love how they include "100% Whole Grain Popcorn" on the label, being that you can't actually refine popcorn and still have it be popcorn. We live in an age where redundancy wears the special attire of "marketing".

We love your blog! I didn't even see your comment until today!

I had to take down the more explicit bathtime photos of Archer and Dahlia! I didn't think anyone looked at my blog other than Lisa, and my mother...well, and Hohn, who remarkably like my mother in so many ways...

 
At January 06, 2009 5:51 PM, Blogger David Cho said...

Thanks for coming by.

We live in an age where redundancy wears the special attire of "marketing".

Very well put!

 
At January 09, 2009 7:11 PM, Blogger Heather said...

LOL! Okay, that's too much. I'll never been able to look a nutritional label again the same way!

Good one, David!

 
At January 10, 2009 3:37 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

What can I say Dave...ROFL? LMFAO?

 
At January 11, 2009 3:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hysterical!! Thanks 4 sharing!

 
At January 13, 2009 3:00 PM, Blogger Gretchen said...

Ha Ha! That is pretty darn funny.

 
At February 02, 2009 5:10 PM, Blogger SUPER said...

Too funny! I can't wait til I find something at the store with OMG!!

 
At May 21, 2009 7:51 PM, Blogger Julie said...

I'm chuckling aloud.

Well done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home