Tuesday, January 01, 2008

When do we get to stone Pat?

Exactly a year ago, Reverend Pat Robertson supposedly heard a voice from God who foretold him of a catastrophic terrorist attack on US soil in 2007. In case you haven't noticed, 2007 has come and gone and most of us are still standing.

The Bible tells us to stone false prophets to death, so I will be off to shop for my commemorative bricks to pummel Pat with as soon as I am done with this post.

I made my own share of prognostications for 2007 and some of you chimed in with yours in the comments. Let's see how they stack up.

>John Edwards will emerge as the front runner
>for the Democratic nomination and John McCain
>for the Republican party.

WRONG. Neither Edwards nor McCain is leading. As a registered Republican, I cannot bring myself down to vote for the party's front runner because his name is Huckleberry. I will not vote for a guy named Huckleberry. Okay, his real name is Huckabee, but that's close enough.

If the November election pits Hillary against Huckleberry, I plan on writing in my own name, and you should too.

>NASDAQ will approach a whopping 2,600 while
>DOW struggles to harbor around 12,700 before
>dipping to 12,000

NASDAQ currently stands at 2,652! Can you say RIGHT ON THE MONEY? I was wrong about the DOW index for sure.

>We will see more of the same in Iraq
>(too depressing to elaborate on why)

It depended on who you talked to a year ago, and it is still the case today.

>Every single one of Nicole Kidman
>movies will be a blockbuster.

I haven't gone to see any of her three movies in 2007 because I'm mad at her. She and I are having some relationship issues right now.

Oh, I'm kidding of course. I rave about Nicole just to make Selma Hayek jealous.

>Pat Robertson's dire prediction of a
>massive terrorist attack on US soil will
>crash and burn (pardon the pun).

RIGHT. Why isn't the "liberal media" calling Pat out?

>If not, he will credit himself for having
>pleaded with God and changing His mind at
>the last minute to spare the country the
>trauma of another 9-11 style attack.

It hasn't happen, but it will.

Of course I am kidding about stoning Pat Robertson to death, but one must ask:  Why do people still write him checks? Can we stone them instead?

Happy New Year everyone!

21 Comments:

At January 01, 2008 10:09 AM, Blogger Bar L. said...

LOL! Good ones! I can't even think about the election choices we may have. Ugh. Hope things work out with you and Nicole. If you steal her away from Keith - I'll take him!

 
At January 01, 2008 1:10 PM, Blogger Oricon Ailin said...

LOL! Nice ones, David!

Here's hoping that 2008 brings you lots of happiness, peace and joy!

Happy New Year!!!

 
At January 01, 2008 3:56 PM, Blogger Julie said...

People should write me checks.

Sure, I don't predict anything, but I'm also never wrong.

 
At January 02, 2008 7:55 PM, Blogger Momma Bear said...

You are too funny - LOL It's good to see you blog again. It's been a while.

You know on Family Radio, the preacher is saying that the Lord will destroy the earth (or something like that) in the year 2011. Somehow he has managed to calculate the time. Do you listen to Family Radio?

 
At January 02, 2008 8:28 PM, Blogger David Cho said...

Momma Bear, yes I used to listen to Family Radio. Has a lot of good programs, but Harold Camping is a nut job. Is he making another prediction?

 
At January 03, 2008 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey David, I read a post recently on BoingBoing (or somewhere, can't remember where, maybe Fark) calling Pat Robertson out. Also, apparently Mr. Robinson did credit himself and others for praying and diverting the attack.

Who knows...

 
At January 03, 2008 3:32 PM, Blogger David Cho said...

What is his hourly rate for the praying, I wonder.

 
At January 05, 2008 7:14 PM, Blogger Gary Means said...

David, I think Robertson has already gotten stoned.

 
At January 06, 2008 1:05 PM, Blogger Momma Bear said...

Yes, Brother Camping has been calculating the time, he says from the Bible and has come up with 2011. Shall we stone him too? :-)

 
At January 08, 2008 6:14 AM, Blogger Granny said...

Happy New Year David. I wouldn't worry about Governor Huckabee. Iowa doesn't speak for the rest of the country or at least I hope they don't.

 
At January 08, 2008 2:37 PM, Blogger Magneto said...

Dave, I was talking to Nicole and she is really confused by your mixed messages. She just wants you to give her a chance and stop playing these head games.

 
At January 10, 2008 7:40 AM, Blogger Mad Ethel said...

I can't help the urge to say, "I'm your Huckleberry" whenever I see or hear his name. Heheheh.
On a more serious note, I've been trying to pay attention to the primaries and so some research on the candidates, but I'm really confused about who I want to vote for. I don't know that we're ready for a woman leader, although she probably has more testosterone in her body than Bill. She kindof scares me. 'Mad Ethel 2009' doesn't sound so bad afterall. :P

 
At January 10, 2008 12:39 PM, Blogger Friar Tuck said...

Now Mccain is looking better

 
At January 11, 2008 12:10 AM, Blogger David Cho said...

Ummm, Mad Ethel 2009?

Are we talking about a coup?

 
At January 11, 2008 10:06 AM, Blogger wagamama said...

Happy New Year.

Don't worry, I won't stone you even though some of your prophecies were off.

If Hillary wins I am moving to London. :o)

 
At January 21, 2008 12:47 PM, Blogger Jeje said...

you know, McCain could end up the front runner after all. Unless Guliani's crazy plan to only campaign in Florida works for him . . .

I meant to ask you, how did you enjoy the bowl game over thanksgiving??

 
At January 22, 2008 10:38 PM, Blogger David Cho said...

That was one of the worst games EVER.

 
At January 26, 2008 6:40 PM, Blogger Gary Means said...

David, I'm going through withdrawals. How about a new post?

 
At March 03, 2008 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say stone him now stone him now......


Hey, how the heck are you?

jane

 
At March 18, 2008 7:44 PM, Blogger Wild English Rose said...

Hi David

I have just discovered your blog - via 'we move to canada'. I was particularly interested in your theological posts. They are really well written, thought provoking and express some things I have felt for a while - in particular in relation to moral selectivity

Thanks

 
At April 03, 2008 1:28 AM, Blogger rubyslipperlady said...

miss ya mr. cho. how the heck are you? have you fallen into the ocean?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home