Thursday, February 03, 2005

Some Heavy News from a Very Good Friend

Just two days ago, my friend Dennis called to inform me that his pregnant wife's most recent ultra-sound revealed an abnormality which alarmed her doctor. Much is unknown at this point since the baby is only over 10 weeks old. Basically some of the organs have not been coagulated into the fetus' body, growing where they shouldn't be at this point of the pregnancy.

Shortly after the phone conversation, I recieved an email from his wife Kelly urging people to pray. Kelly is a dear and wonderful friend of mine whom I have known since my sophomore year in college. Here is an excerpt from her email.

....they (doctors) asked us to consider whether or not we want to continue the pregnancy. There is no question that we will continue this pregnancy...I believe that this is God's beautiful life, no matter how short or long on this earth. May God honor our conviction to continue with the pregnancy in that the child will live, survive, and thrive.

I couldn't work any more.

3 Comments:

At February 03, 2005 1:22 PM, Blogger B said...

My prayers will be with them!

 
At February 10, 2005 3:53 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

:( I'm so sorry to hear about that, Dave. I will pray for them, too.

 
At June 26, 2005 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am curious, what is that status of your friend's baby? Any new news?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home