So I have decided to embark on taking lessons in martial art. It seems like a good way to get in shape while having fun and learning good skills and it sure beats going to the gym and wandering around in the weight room by myself wondering what to do next. My past involvement with martial art includes six months of taking Hap Ki Do lessons back in elementary school, so for all practical purposes, this will be my first time.
At the invitation of the school's head instructor, I decided to stop by to observe a group lesson for adults. A few observations are in order
- About 50% of them are women.
- A woman in her 60's is a 4th degree black belt. Saw her make some lethal moves with her fists.
- Note to self: Do not ask her if she has a cute daughter.
- If she does have a cute daughter, do not ask her out.
- Do not marry her.
- The same goes for her grand daughters.
- If I join this class, I will start out as the lone white belt. Everybody else is quite advanced.
- I will be the lone Asian.
So imagine this for a moment. The lone Asian guy at the Asian martial art school is also the lone white belt. You gotta take a picture of that.